Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am trying to find hive-shims-common (1.2.1000.2.6.2.41-5) to use with application using Java 1.7 (not 1.8 or latest for HDP 2.6.5 version

Highlighted

I am trying to find hive-shims-common (1.2.1000.2.6.2.41-5) to use with application using Java 1.7 (not 1.8 or latest for HDP 2.6.5 version

New Contributor

I am getting the following error, that is why it leads to the hive-shims-common* jar but I am not finding it.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load shims in class org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge23 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.ShimLoader.createShim(ShimLoader.java:153) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.ShimLoader.loadShims(ShimLoader.java:145) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.ShimLoader.getHadoopThriftAuthBridge(ShimLoader.java:129) at org.apache.hive.service.auth.KerberosSaslHelper.getKerberosTransport(KerberosSaslHelper.java:54) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.createBinaryTransport(HiveConnection.java:415) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openTransport(HiveConnection.java:192) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:156) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105) at HiveCheck.main(HiveCheck.java:388) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge23 at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:359) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:348) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:347) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:315) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:195) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.ShimLoader.createShim(ShimLoader.java:150) ... 8 more

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here