Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am trying to run Sqoop command from putty but it is hanging up.

I am trying to run Sqoop command from putty but it is hanging up.

New Contributor

Hi,

I am using CDH5 version. I am trying to run a small import query through SQOOP  to test how the file is getting created in HDFS. It is strucked after displaying the JOB_ID. It is neither executed nor errored out. Please check the below image for reference.

sqoop import --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:*****/*****@hldbtest.global.triniti.com:1522:R1224DEV --query "SELECT ORDER_NUMBER,ORG_ID,HEADER_ID,CREATION_DATE FROM OE_ORDER_HEADERS_ALL WHERE \$CONDITIONS AND ROWNUM<=10" --split-by HEADER_ID --target-dir /user/hdfs/sqoop

Sqoop_hang.JPG

Please help.

Regards

Anil

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I am trying to run Sqoop command from putty but it is hanging up.

New Contributor

I have explored on the above query, I explored about it and came to know that it could be the issue of mapreduce job.

For example: To check whether the mapreduce job is running or not, I executed the below command in putty which is neither success nor failure.

hadoop jar /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples.jar pi 10 100

Please help in resolving this.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor
Hey man,

I'd take a look at the resource manager UI either from the resource manager or via Hue. The resource manager UI is available on port 8088 usually. Via Hue, it would be through the JobTracker app.

If the job stays in "SUBMITTED" or "ACCEPTED" state (consequently never reaches "RUNNING" state), then there's likely a utilization or configuration issue.

Could you check the resource manager through one of the above UIs while running your sqoop job and provide screen shots?

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I submitted the command once again in putty and checked the status in resource manager UI, as mentioned in ur reply it is in "ACCEPTED" status.

Please check the screenshots below.

Resourcemanager1.JPG

Resourcemanager.JPG

Expert Contributor
Hmm I'd ask this question in the "Batch" forum. This seems like a Yarn misconfiguration or resourcing issue.

New Contributor

Hi abe,

Any update? Please help..... Awaiting for your reply... I am not able to do anything due to this...

Thanks

Anil