Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

I am trying to setup spark thrift server, so that I can connect tableau desktop BI tool. My cluster is kerberized. I am running the following script

Highlighted

I am trying to setup spark thrift server, so that I can connect tableau desktop BI tool. My cluster is kerberized. I am running the following script

New Contributor

export set SPARK_HOME=/opt/spark-2.0.2-bin-hadoop2.7/

export set SPARK_CONF_DIR=/etc/cluster/spark/

export set HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/opt/spark-2.0.2-bin-hadoop2.7/hadoop/

./sbin/start-thriftserver.sh --master yarn --queue=DUQ20 --executor-memory 512m --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.port=10001 --hiveconf hive.metastore.kerberos.keytab.file=/PATH/TO/FILE.keytab --hiveconf hive.metastore.kerberos.principal=SERVICE_ID@<SOME_URL>.COM

when I run the script and check the logs. i get the following error:

java.io.IOException: Kerberos principal name does NOT have the expected hostname part: DUQ20SRVEDL01@DEVMAPLE.DEVFG.RBC.COM at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Client.createClientTransport(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:208) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.open(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:401) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:236) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.java:74) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)

It seems it is expecting the principal name to be in the following format:

hive/_HOST@SOME_URL.COM

question

-----------

1- How do I make it accept my principal as is.

2- Can I generate keytab principal => hive/_HOST@SOME_URL.COM and the associated keytab?