Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I can not install minifi-3.1.1.0-35.msi on windows 12 R2

Highlighted

I can not install minifi-3.1.1.0-35.msi on windows 12 R2

New Contributor

hello,

I try to install minifi on windows but installation failed with an error about powershell module of active directory but all needed feature of active directory has been already installed:

here is the log file of installation

WINPKG: Logging to existing log C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiSetupTools\minifi.winpkg.install.log
WINPKG: ENV:WINPKG_BIN is C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiSetupTools\
WINPKG: Setting Environment::CurrentDirectory to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
WINPKG: NIFI_LAYOUT=
WINPKG: User is svccincom
WINPKG: Cluster properties path: 
WINPKG: Current Directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
WINPKG: Package: C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiSetupTools\\..\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg.zip
WINPKG: Action: install
WINPKG: Action arguments: 
WINPKG: Run-WinpkgAction C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiSetupTools\\..\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg.zip C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages install
WINPKG: UNZIP: source C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg.zip
WINPKG: UNZIP: destination C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages
WINPKG: UNZIP: unzipRoot C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg
WINPKG: Unzip of C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg.zip to C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages succeeded
WINPKG: UnzipRoot: C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg
WINPKG: C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1
MINIFI: INSTALLATION started
MINIFI: Reading MiNiFi layout from C:\Users\svcCINCOM\AppData\Roaming\minifi_install\MiNiFiproperties.txt
MINIFI: Following properties will be exported into the environment
MINIFI: Property                      Value                                                      
MINIFI: --------                      -----                                                       
MINIFI: MINIFI_DIR                    C:\minifi                                                  
MINIFI: JAVA_ARG_3                    -Xms12m                                                    
MINIFI: JAVA_CMD                      java                                                        
MINIFI: JAVA_ARG_2                    -Xmx24m                                                    
MINIFI: MINIFI_USE_LOCAL_USER         False                                                      
MINIFI: Creating user
MINIFI: UserGroup not provided. Using default UserGroup MiNiFiUsers.
MINIFI: Using user-defined password.
MINIFI: Add-ServiceUser username=minifi, userGroup=MiNiFiUsers, useLocalUser=False, description=Apache NiFi MiNiFi
MINIFI: Domain detected
MINIFI FAILURE: The term 'Get-ADuser' is not 
recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable 
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, 
verify that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiSetupTools\installApi.user.ps1:120 char:25
+                 $user = Get-ADuser -Filter {SamAccountName -eq $username}
+                         ~~~~~~~~~~
WINPKG FAILURE: WARNING: The names of some imported
 commands from the module 'InstallApi'  include unapproved verbs that 
might make them less discoverable. To find the  commands with unapproved
 verbs, run the Import-Module command again
 with the  Verbose parameter. For a list of approved verbs, type 
Get-Verb. MINIFI: INSTALLATION started MINIFI: Reading MiNiFi layout 
from C:\Users\svcCINCOM\AppData\Roaming\minifi_install\MiNiFiproperties.txt  MINIFI: Following properties will be exported
 into the environment MINIFI: Property                      Value                                                        MINIFI: --------                      -----                                                        MINIFI: MINIFI_DIR                   
 C:\minifi                                                    MINIFI: JAVA_ARG_3                    -Xms12m                                                      MINIFI: JAVA_CMD                      java                                                        
 MINIFI: JAVA_ARG_2                    -Xmx24m                                                      MINIFI: MINIFI_USE_LOCAL_USER         False                                                       
 MINIFI: Creating user MINIFI: UserGroup not provided. Using
 default UserGroup MiNiFiUsers. MINIFI: Using user-defined password. 
MINIFI: Add-ServiceUser username=minifi, userGroup=MiNiFiUsers, 
useLocalUser=False, description=Apache NiFi MiNiFi MINIFI: Domain 
detected Write-Log : MINIFI FAILURE: The term 'Get-ADuser'
 is not recognized as the  name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or 
operable program. Check the
spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is
correct and try again.
At C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:153
 char:5
+     Write-Log $_.Exception.Message "Failure" $_
+     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Write-Log
At C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiSetupTools\winpkg.ps1:131 char:9
+         throw $out
+         ~~~~~~~~~~
WINPKG: rd /s /q C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg
WINPKG FAILURE: C:\MiNiFiInstallFiles\MiNiFiPackages\MiNiFi-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1  failed.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: I can not install minifi-3.1.1.0-35.msi on windows 12 R2

New Contributor

I'm having this issue as well. Does a local admin need to be created for the initial install for the Creds pre-filled in the MSI? Or would making a domain admin account with local privileges be needed?

@Omwati Sharma, Please remove your post as it is not an answer. It is just a link to get hits on a site. Please and thank you.

@Moderators: Can this kind of thing get looked at a little closer to avoid people using click-bait on real issues that Administrators need a little guidance on?

Super Guru

I got rid of the clickbait.

I wonder if this is a version issue.

I will have engineering take a look

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.1/bk_minifi-quick-start/content/ch_minifi-qui...

Explorer

I am having the same problem.

I want to create a local user for minifi on a Windows server on a domain, so I check the Local User option but it still tries to use Get-ADuser module.

HDF 3.4

Windows Server 2012 R2

Have you been able to solve it?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here