Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I can't launch Hive due to the following exception (Please click on the image link to see it clear) . I've not been able to figure out the source of the problem. Has anybody experienced the same issue?

I can't launch Hive due to the following exception (Please click on the image link to see it clear) . I've not been able to figure out the source of the problem. Has anybody experienced the same issue?

New Contributor

7409-hiveissue.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I can't launch Hive due to the following exception (Please click on the image link to see it clear) . I've not been able to figure out the source of the problem. Has anybody experienced the same issue?

@Koosha Tahmasebipour

I assume your cluster is kerberized. The token seems expired. You need to ask your admin to check why the token is expired and avoid that event going forward.

A good start to understand Kerberos and how it works is the documentation: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.1.0/bk_Ambari_Security_Guide/content/ch_configu...

If any of the responses to your question addressed the problem don't forget to vote and accept the answer. If you fix the issue on your own, don't forget to post the answer to your own question. A moderator will review it and accept it.

Re: I can't launch Hive due to the following exception (Please click on the image link to see it clear) . I've not been able to figure out the source of the problem. Has anybody experienced the same issue?

New Contributor

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm trying to find out why Yarn can't renew the token.Sure, I'll definitely post answer while I sort this out.

Super Guru

I agree with @Constantin Stanca that you are accessing a Kerberized cluster and you don't have proper setup. The error you see is "Impersoation does not exist". Here is how I will try. You need to kinit using a keytab which I think you are already doing. That being said, you are running as user root. "root" apparently does not have access to hive. Right now assuming you are doing kinit before running "hive" command (not shown in your screenshot), here is how this would work.

kinit -k -t /path/to/hive.keytab hive/_HOST@REALM.COM  //I am assuming you did this already. Just not shown in your screen shot.

"sudo -u hive hive" //the first hive is user hive and second is command hive.

This should work. But if you want other users to access hive, you will need to enable impersonation and then run with appropriate users.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. There is no hive user on my VM. Should I create a hive user and change the owner of hive client directories from root to hive? I did all hdp client setup with the root user.