Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I can't see workflow manager view on Ambari

New Contributor

Hello I'm new of HDP.

I installed HDP by using ambari.

I wanted to create workflow by using workflow manager view.

but I didn't find workflow manager view.

I found out to need to install workflow manager view and some link for that (the link I found is below)

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.0.3/bk_ambari-views/content/configure_cluster_w...

I've been trying to follow the instruction except for Kerberos in this link

Because I set Kerberos is disabled.

but I wasn't able to find workflow manager view..

I posted my dashboard.

if this photo is not enough to resolve my problem or my question is need tobe more detail, feel free to let me know..

85383-ambari.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jangchun lee,

I see you are using ambari version 2.1.2 .

Unfortunately this version of Ambari is very old and the support for workflow manager view is not there in this version .

Ambari started providing workflow manager view from Ambari-2.4.0 version ( its tech preview in this version )

Source :

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.0.0/bk_ambari-views/content/ch_workflow_designe...

Please accept this answer if this answers your query

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@jangchun lee

Please click on the top right corner drop down menu "admin" and then instantiate the "WORKFLOW_MANAGER" view instance as following:

Ambari UI --> Admin (Drop down at top right corner) --> Views (from left panel) --> choose "WORKFLOW_MANAGER" and then click on "Create Instance" button

Provide the following details and then click on "Save" button then you wil be able to see the WORKFLOW_MANAGER view
Instance Name*
Display Name*
Description*

83472-ambari-view-1.png

Master Mentor

@jangchun lee

Can you please let us know exactly which verison of ambari server are you using?

# ambari-server --version
# rpm -qa | grep ambari

Ideally you should see a View JAR file as following : (i have ambari 2.5.1.0) So in your case version might be slightly different

# ls -lart /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/wfmanager*
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 49873087 May 27  2017 /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/wfmanager-2.5.1.0.159.jar

If the "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/wfmanager*" Jar is missing in your installation or mistakenly deleted then you will have to get that JAR from some other machine where same version of ambari is installed and then after putting the JAR back you will need to restart ambari server. Then you must see some message like following inside your ambari-server.log during startup.

INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1802 - Reading view archive /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/wfmanager-2.5.1.0.159.jar
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1894 - setting up logging for view WORKFLOW_MANAGER{1.0.0} as per property file view.log4j.properties
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1836 - View deployed: WORKFLOW_MANAGER{1.0.0}.

New Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Thanks a lot!!

It seems to be a problem not to have a jar file about WORKFLOW_MANAGER.

My ambari-server version is 2.1.2 ( refer to below picture I posted)

85385-ambari-version.jpg

the result of command 'ls /var/lib/ambari-server/resource/views

85386-jar-files.jpg

Is the wfmanager jar file automatically installed initially?

If I remember correctly, I do nothing about views on the installation.

Hi @jangchun lee,

I see you are using ambari version 2.1.2 .

Unfortunately this version of Ambari is very old and the support for workflow manager view is not there in this version .

Ambari started providing workflow manager view from Ambari-2.4.0 version ( its tech preview in this version )

Source :

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.0.0/bk_ambari-views/content/ch_workflow_designe...

Please accept this answer if this answers your query

New Contributor

I have to reinstall latest Ambari 😞

Thanks for your kindness.