Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

I dont see an option to select 2.5 from the versions drop down for Ambari -> Stacks and Versions. Looking to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5

Highlighted

I dont see an option to select 2.5 from the versions drop down for Ambari -> Stacks and Versions. Looking to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5

Explorer

Hi I had Ambari 2.3 and I have now upgraded it to 2.4. I want to upgrade the Hdp 2.4 to 2.5 and not sure how to proceed since the version 2.5 does not show up on my Ambari when I go to Ambari -> Stacks and Versions -> Register a Version-->

There is a details drop down but it only has option to select one of the items from drop down. Options are Hdp 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4. Unless I select something from the list I cannot enter the repository info to register.

Seems like I am missing a step to get the 2.5 to display so that I can select it from the list and enter the repository details.

Appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Re: I dont see an option to select 2.5 from the versions drop down for Ambari -> Stacks and Versions. Looking to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5

@Anika S

Did you add HDP2.5 to your Repo?

can you try to run below command on ambari-server host and provide output?

yum list ambari-server

Highlighted

Re: I dont see an option to select 2.5 from the versions drop down for Ambari -> Stacks and Versions. Looking to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5

@Anika S

Not sure whether you have already registered the 2.5 version.

If not registered Go to Ambari -> click on the username (on right top corner) -> Manage ambari - >versions -> click on Register version

Enter the version name and repo details and save it. then then you will be able to see the version details.

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @apappu Thanks for your reply. That's where the issue resides since it is not showing 2.5 on the list at the top. without select 2.5 there I wouldn't be able to enter repository details. But I don't see the option Please let me know any suggestions.

Thanks

Highlighted

@Anika S

Can you check if you have /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.5/repos/repoinfo.xml file/path in your Ambari server? Ambari reads the repos from this path for HDP2.5 and show it up in the UI.

If your Ambari installation/upgrade is proper then it must have this folder.

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @Divakar Annapureddy

Thanks for your reply. I ran the yum list ambari-server command and got the foll. output.

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, search-disabled-repos, security *Note* Red Hat Network repositories are not listed below. You must run this comm and as root to access RHN repositories. Skipping unreadable repository '/etc/yum.repos.d/HDP-2.4.0.0.repo' Skipping unreadable repository '/etc/yum.repos.d/HDP-2.4.2.0.repo' HDP-2.3 | 2.9 kB 00:00 HDP-2.3/primary_db | 60 kB 00:00 HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.20 | 2.9 kB 00:00 HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.20/primary_db | 27 kB 00:00 Updates-ambari-2.2.1.1 | 2.9 kB 00:00 Updates-ambari-2.2.1.1/primary_db | 5.9 kB 00:00 Installed Packages ambari-server.x86_64 2.2.1.1-70 @Updates-ambari-2.2.1.1

I directly selected , pointed to directories for 2.4 and gave the url and registered the 2.4 version. Then I did the upgrade. so it seems that I am missing a step . Please share any suggestions.

Thanks

Highlighted

@Anika S

Here in your output, I'm not seeing HDP2.5.2 repo information and latest Ambari information as well.

I would suggest you to upgrade ambari2.4.2 first and then try to upgrade your HDP with 2.5.x. Ensure that your Repo's should show Ambari & HDP versions like below before start any installation.

[root@abc]# yum list ambari-server

Satellite. Installed Packages

ambari-server.x86_64 2.4.2.0-136

---------------------------------------

[root@adc]# yum list HDP*

Satellite. Installed Packages

hdp-select.noarch 2.5.2.

-----------------------------------

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @Divakar Annapureddy

Thanks for the reply.

How do I add HDP2.5 to my Repo?

I just clicked on Ambari-->Stacks and Versions --> register version to register hdp2.4.0 and specified the repository url for HDP and HDP utils. I did not do any steps to add 2.4 to my repo. Am I missing a step for it to show up on the yum list? Just wanted to check before I proceed. Please let me know.

Thanks

Highlighted

Explorer

I now see the the following for yum list ambari-server

Installed Packages ambari-server.x86_64 2.2.1.1-70 @Updates-ambari-2.2.1.1 Available Packages ambari-server.x86_64 2.4.2.0-136 Updates-ambari-2.4.2.0

yum list HDP*

Installed Packages hdp-select.noarch 2.4.0.0-169.el6 @HDP-2.4.0.0 hdparm.x86_64 9.43-4.el6 @clone-clone-rhel-x86_64-server-6 Available Packages hdp-select.noarch 2.5.0.0-1245.el6 HDP-2.5.0.0

But the drop down where I should register a version doesn't display 2.5

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @Divakar Annapureddy seems like a glitch . I tried the upgrade from command line for ambari and hdp and it worked without issues. Thanks for your help.