Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I got this below error,ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times

I got this below error,ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times

New Contributor

Hi ,

Till today morning all services were up and running smoothly. I even loaded 4 tables  with some 50000 records each to hbase today morning. Still it was functioning properly. All of a sudden I got this error while working.
ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7
Hbase service was down . I restarted it and , still I was getting the same error. Hbase went down after some 10 to 15 min again. Second time even yarn services were down . When I restarted all services, hadoop was working fine.  I am attaching the config files with this mail. Please look in to that . Please help me with solution for this problem.

Thanks

with regards

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: I got this below error,ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 time

Master Collaborator

Can you look in the HBase master log file and see if there are any exceptions or errors there which explain why the master cannot start up?  The file will be located on your master server in /var/log/hbase/.  Also, have you run "sudo -u hbase hbase hbck -details" to see if HBase is in a consistent state?