Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I have a problem to import data from hana to hive using sqoop.

I have a problem to import data from hana to hive using sqoop.

New Contributor

But i always get an error message like:

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/sqoop/compile/25039caedfb3bf005d73899ab932323/_abc_def."xxx.yyy.xxx.yyy/xx_SALES".jar (No such file or directory).

I think the problem is by escaping of "/" which contains the name of my table. My command is:

sqoop import --connect jdbc:sap://xxx.xx.xx.net:xxxxx--driver com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver --username userx --P --table "_abc_def."xxx.yyy.xxx.yyy/xx_SALES\"" --m 1 --num-mappers 3 --direct

Table name is: _abc_def.xxx.yyy.xxx.yyy/xx_SALES

Can anybody help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: I have a problem to import data from hana to hive using sqoop.

Its not good idea to name your table with special charactersfor example (. or /), Most of the databases i know does not even allow them. You have to apply alternative approach to sqoop this table. Could you please help to know more about your table size, number of columns so that i'll suggest you alternative approach.

Re: I have a problem to import data from hana to hive using sqoop.

Rising Star

@Agne Zuk Need an escape sequence before first quotes (") before xxx.yyy... like below

--table "_abc_def.\"xxx.yyy.xxx.yyy/xx_SALES\""

Also the other issue as one mentioned / in table name is not viable as it is used to make directory structure with table name to store MR code in Sqoop