Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I have completed installation of HDP using Ambari but Oozie Server is not starting.

Highlighted

I have completed installation of HDP using Ambari but Oozie Server is not starting.

Execution of 'source /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/conf/oozie-env.sh ; oozie admin -oozie http://ubuntu.members.linode.com:11000/oozie -status' returned 255. Connection exception has occurred [ java.net.ConnectException Connection refused ]. Trying after 1 sec. Retry count = 1
Connection exception has occurred [ java.net.ConnectException Connection refused ]. Trying after 2 sec. Retry count = 2
Connection exception has occurred [ java.net.ConnectException Connection refused ]. Trying after 4 sec. Retry count = 3
Connection exception has occurred [ java.net.ConnectException Connection refused ]. Trying after 8 sec. Retry count = 4
Connection exception has occurred [ java.net.ConnectException Connection refused ]. Trying after 16 sec. Retry count = 5
Error: IO_ERROR : java.io.IOException: Error while connecting Oozie server. No of retries = 5. Exception = Connection refused

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: I have completed installation of HDP using Ambari but Oozie Server is not starting.

@Sushant Bharti

You'll want to start by looking at the oozie server logs to see what errors are there that are causing the oozie server to fail startup. These logs are in /var/log/oozie on the node where the oozie server runs.

Highlighted

Re: I have completed installation of HDP using Ambari but Oozie Server is not starting.

I checked /var/log/oozie and didn't find any log file. When I checked in configs of Oozie and tested connection to SQLAnywhere it was failed, got following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 481, in <module>
    CheckHost().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 213, in actionexecute
    raise Fail(error_message)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Check db_connection_check was unsuccessful. Exit code: 1. Message: Error: Ambari Server cannot download the database JDBC driver and is unable to test the database connection. You must run ambari-server setup --jdbc-db=sqlanywhere --jdbc-driver=/path/to/your/sqlanywhere/driver.jar on the Ambari Server host to make the JDBC driver available for download and to enable testing the database connection.
HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I cannot find sql-anywhere -jdbc driver.

Contributor

The OOZIE 11000 Port is refusing the connections.You can check which process is listening on that port by executing

netstat -tupln | grep :11000

kill the stale process id which exists in /var/run/oozie.pid file .

Make sure you can telnet the port from different system.Then Restart the oozie process.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Sushant Bharti

It looks like a port issue and port 11000 is already in use.

Check which service is using this port using the command

netstat -tupln | grep :11000

If some other service is using this port number, then change the oozie port to a different one and restart oozie service.

You can refer this answer as well https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/23863/how-can-i-fix-the-alert-i-am-getting-after-the-ins...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here