Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

I have installed Hadoop(HDFS only) with Ambari but namenode,secondary namenode are not up and running.

I have installed Hadoop(HDFS only) with Ambari but namenode,secondary namenode are not up and running.

getting the following error:

500 status code received on POST method for API: /api/v1/clusters/localhost/requests

Namenode,Secondary Namenode is still showing installation pending.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I have installed Hadoop(HDFS only) with Ambari but namenode,secondary namenode are not up and running.

Explorer

Hi @Tajinderpal Singh,

Do you see any other errors in ambari-server.log ?

Re: I have installed Hadoop(HDFS only) with Ambari but namenode,secondary namenode are not up and running.

27 Jul 2016 21:07:55,723 WARN [qtp-ambari-client-25] ServletHandler:563 - /api/v1/clusters/localhost/hosts/env34-node2/host_components/NAMENODE java.lang.RuntimeException: Update Host request submission failed: java.lang.NullPointerException

27 Jul 2016 21:14:28,980 INFO [qtp-ambari-client-21] StackAdvisorRunner:47 - Script=/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/stack_advisor.py, actionDirectory=/var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/10, command=recommend-configurations 27 Jul 2016 21:14:28,985 INFO [qtp-ambari-client-21] StackAdvisorRunner:61 - Stack-advisor output=/var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/10/stackadvisor.out, error=/var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/10/stackadvisor.err 27 Jul 2016 21:14:29,028 INFO [qtp-ambari-client-21] StackAdvisorRunner:69 - Stack advisor output files 27 Jul 2016 21:14:29,028 INFO [qtp-ambari-client-21] StackAdvisorRunner:70 - advisor script stdout: StackAdvisor implementation for stack FLY, version 1.0 was not found Returning DefaultStackAdvisor implementation 27 Jul 2016 21:14:29,029 INFO [qtp-ambari-client-21] StackAdvisorRunner:71 - advisor script stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/stack_advisor.py", line 138, in instantiateStackAdvisor with open(path, 'rb') as fp: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/./../stacks/FLY/1.0/services/stack_advisor.py'

Rising Star
File "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/stack_advisor.py", line 138, in instantiateStackAdvisor with open(path, 'rb') as fp: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/./../stacks/FLY/1.0/services/stack_advisor.py'

@Tajinderpal Singh

I see that your stack name is FLY and Stack Advisor call is failing (above trace). Can you check if the path "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/./../stacks/FLY/1.0/services/stack_advisor.py" exists ? This looks to be the issue here, that its looking for a file which doesn't exist. and Stack Advisor call fails. Yo need to check how we ended up getting a call done for '1.0/services/stack_advisor.py' when it looks not to be existing (or path issues).

Futher, I see from log that :

stdout: StackAdvisor implementation for stack FLY, version 1.0 was not found 

and it goes in default stackAdvisor implementation for stack FLY. Is that expected and FLY 1.0 Stack Advisor implementation supposed not to be there ?

Also, can you post what you see in these files:

output =/var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/10/stackadvisor.out, 
error=/var/run/ambari-server/stack-recommendations/10/stackadvisor.err