Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I have installed one node HDP in my Vm's machine, When i start my ambari- server the following error message is shown ,, Help me out how to fix the issue.

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

I have installed one node HDP in my Vm's machine, When i start my ambari- server the following error message is shown ,, Help me out how to fix the issue.

Contributor

[root@hdp ~]# ambari-server start Using python /usr/bin/python2 Starting ambari-server Ambari Server running with administrator privileges. Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources... Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log Waiting for server start.................... ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1. REASON: Ambari Server java process died with exitcode 1. Check /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out for more information. [root@hdp ~]# ambari-agent start Verifying Python version compatibility... Using python /usr/bin/python2 Checking for previously running Ambari Agent... ERROR: ambari-agent already running Check /var/run/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.pid for PID. [root@hdp ~]# ambari-agent status Found ambari-agent PID: 3126 ambari-agent running. Agent PID at: /var/run/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.pid Agent out at: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.out Agent log at: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have installed one node HDP in my Vm's machine, When i start my ambari- server the following error message is shown ,, Help me out how to fix the issue.

As per the error, you need to check the logs to understand what's happening. The log is /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

If it doesn't make sense - don't hesitate to post them here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have installed one node HDP in my Vm's machine, When i start my ambari- server the following error message is shown ,, Help me out how to fix the issue.

As per the error, you need to check the logs to understand what's happening. The log is /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

If it doesn't make sense - don't hesitate to post them here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Contributor
Highlighted

Guru

Hi @ANSARI FAHEEM AHMED ,

looks like you are using MySQL as underlying db, and you need to set property 'max_allowed_packet' in mysql config file.

With a default installation, it would be in file /etc/my.cnf , where you can add/set the property like e.g.:

max_allowed_packet=256M

Then restart mysql and give the ambar-server start another try.

HTH, best regards

Highlighted

Contributor

Dear Gerd, I have set the above line in my.cnf file and restart mysqld but have same issue

[root@hdp etc]# vi my.cnf [root@hdp etc]# sudo systemctl restart mysqld

[root@hdp /]# ambari-server start

Using python /usr/bin/python2 Starting ambari-server Ambari Server running with administrator privileges. Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources... Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log Waiting for server start.................... Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully.

[root@hdp /]# ambari-server status

Using python /usr/bin/python2 Ambari-server status Ambari Server not running. Stale PID File at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here