Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I have uploaded a text file which contains the error which i am facing from 1 week.

Highlighted

I have uploaded a text file which contains the error which i am facing from 1 week.

error.txt

Can anyone suggest me what to be done to resolve this.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: I have uploaded a text file which contains the error which i am facing from 1 week.

Super Mentor

@Deepak Nayak

The following line in your error stack shows that your Hive MySQL is having some issues while getting schema version.

org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaException: Failed to get schema version.
Underlying cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException : Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
SQL Error code: 0

Please check if you mysql server is running fine?

# ps -ef | grep mysqld

- Check if mysql port is opened? (here 3306 is the default mysql port in your case it might be different)

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 3306

- If mysql has opened the listen port and the port is accessible without any firewall issue on Mysql Server host.

# service iptables status
# service iptables stop

Also please check mysql logs to see if there is any issue?

# grep 'log-error' /etc/my.cnf
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
# less /var/log/mysqld.log

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here