Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I'm not able to install HORTONWORKS SANDBOX

New Contributor

I'm trying to install hortonwork sandbox on (VM 2.6.4)

I tried it using chrome , mozilla, safari..as soon as I click on instal the screen goes grey and nothing happens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Sandeep Ranjan

Could you elaborate! The HDP sandboxes are here You have a choice between HDP for Virtualbox(Oracle) VMware,Docker Linux/Mac/windows. No need to install for example on windows you need first to download Oracle Virtual box then download the HDP Sandbox that matches your Virtualbox OS.

You then just import the image into it but make sure ou have more at least 8GB of RAM allocated to the sandbox. Here is a link under Hadoop Administration this will help you in the various issues already encountered by many users.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@Sandeep Ranjan

Could you elaborate! The HDP sandboxes are here You have a choice between HDP for Virtualbox(Oracle) VMware,Docker Linux/Mac/windows. No need to install for example on windows you need first to download Oracle Virtual box then download the HDP Sandbox that matches your Virtualbox OS.

You then just import the image into it but make sure ou have more at least 8GB of RAM allocated to the sandbox. Here is a link under Hadoop Administration this will help you in the various issues already encountered by many users.

Hope that helps

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I want to install the VB so i click on the download button i have filled the form .
then when i click on SUBMIT its stuck on processing64695-screen-shot-2018-03-19-at-125527-am.png

this is the case

64697-screen-shot-2018-03-19-at-11553-am.png

Master Mentor

@Sandeep Ranjan

You only need to accept the terms 🙂

Do you have a pop-up blocker if so disable it? It should downlaod

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot
i have disabled all the pop-ups

Master Mentor

@Sandeep Ranjan

I have just tried earlier and the download was triggered. Can you cancel and retry that is bizzare

Hi @Sandeep Ranjan, did you ever get this resolved? If it still isn't going through, we can get you a sandbox through other means if you're still running into issues.