Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I'm not able to see my tables with Atlas

I'm not able to see my tables with Atlas

New Contributor

I upgraded my HDP TO HDP-2.6 and all my services works but i can't see any new created tables neither the databases with altas so i tried to import-hive.sh.

i'm not sure that how it works so What should i do? any suggesion please

thanks you

10 REPLIES 10

Re: I'm not able to see my tables with Atlas

Did you already run import-hive.sh? Could you share the output of the shell script if you have?

This is a good article showing how to make use of import-hive: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/61274/import-hive-metadata-into-atlas.html

@nisrine elloumi
Would you be able to share some output of running the hive-import and command syntax you've used?
Please note the bottom piece of the article I previously linked, where it explains the additional parameters required to specify for the shell script when running the import on a kerberized cluster.

New Contributor

@Jonathan Sneep

Using Hive configuration directory [/etc/hive/conf]

Log file for import is /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/logs/import-hive.log

log4j:WARN No such property [maxFileSize] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

log4j:WARN No such property [maxBackupIndex] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:650)

Caused by: org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient$API_V1@2807bdebfailed with status 403 (Forbidden) Response Body (<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

<title>Error 403 {"AuthorizationError":"You are not authorized for READ on [ENTITY] : *"}</title>

</head>

<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 403</h2>

<p>Problem accessing /api/atlas/entities. Reason:

<pre> {"AuthorizationError":"You are not authorized for READ on [ENTITY] : *"}</pre></p><hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

</body>

</html>

)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:387)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:320)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithRetries(AtlasBaseClient.java:471)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.callAPIWithRetries(AtlasClient.java:967)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.getEntity(AtlasClient.java:651)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.getEntityReference(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:352)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.getDatabaseReference(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:230)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.registerDatabase(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:165)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:140)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!

Hi @nisrine elloumi
it looks as if there may be issues with the ranger permissions causing "You are not authorized for READ on [ENTITY]". We have to be sure there is a policy in ranger for the user who is running the import script (with a secure environment, the import script will run as the user executing the script) that gives appropriate permissions for the user.

New Contributor

hello @Jonathan Sneep thanks for your reponse

i added the following with ranger in Kafka policies:

• topic=ATLAS_HOOK

permission=publish, create; group=public

permission=consume, create; user=atlas (for non-kerberized environments, set group=public)

• topic=ATLAS_ENTITIES

permission=publish, create; user=atlas (for non-kerberized environments, set group=public)

permission=consume, create; group=public

New Contributor

hi thank you @Jonathan Sneep

yes i run import-hive.sh with kerberos but i have a problem it demande my Kerberos username and password and that weird !!!!

New Contributor

Yes @Jonathan Sneep i followed your linked article with running this commande

/usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/hook-bin/import-hive.sh -Dsun.security.jgss.debug=true -Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false -Djava.security.krb5.conf=/etc/krb5.conf -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/etc/atlas/2.6.4.0-91/0/atlas_jaas.conf

New Contributor

Kerberos username [root]:

Kerberos password for -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/etc/atlas/2.6.4.0-91/0/atlas_jaas.conf:

Kerberos username [root]:

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Jonathan Sneep

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:650)

Caused by: org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient$API_V1@2807bdeb failed with status 403 (Forbidden) Response Body (<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

<title>Error 403 {"AuthorizationError":"You are not authorized for READ on [ENTITY] : *"}</title>

</head>

<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 403</h2>

<p>Problem accessing /api/atlas/entities. Reason:

<pre> {"AuthorizationError":"You are not authorized for READ on [ENTITY] : *"}</pre></p><hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

</body>

</html>

)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:387)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithResource(AtlasBaseClient.java:320)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasBaseClient.callAPIWithRetries(AtlasBaseClient.java:471)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.callAPIWithRetries(AtlasClient.java:967)

at org.apache.atlas.AtlasClient.getEntity(AtlasClient.java:651)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.getEntityReference(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:352)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.getDatabaseReference(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:230)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.registerDatabase(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:165)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:140)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!