Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: The Cloudera Community will undergo maintenance on Saturday, August 17 at 12:00am PDT. See more info here.

I'm not sure how to interpret sparktask errore messages

Highlighted

I'm not sure how to interpret sparktask errore messages

New Contributor

Hello everyone

I am using Talend Big Data Platform to implement ELT Jobs with Hive tables. The jobs run with Spark engine.

I have a problem with a Hive on Spark job.

The scope of the task is to join two tables (parquet) and then insert the output into another table (parquet).

The job goes wrong but I am not able to interpet it.

This is the error message:

[FATAL]: datahub_rp_cli.j_rp_cli_movimenti_0_1.J_RP_CLI_MOVIMENTI - tRunJob_2 Child job running failed
[statistics] disconnected
Exception in component tELTHiveOutput_9
java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 3 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.spark.SparkTask
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:279)

Trying to find the solution online in the official documentation or forum, I understand that the errors SparkTask (with code 1 or 2 or 3 eccetera) are something like a 'wrapper' of java errors; however I cannot access to hive log because of denied permissions on the server. 

So have you got a lists of causes that can originate somekind of java errors for Sparktask error code =3 ?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: I'm not sure how to interpret sparktask errore messages

Master Guru
I replied on your other thread about the return code: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Batch-SQL-Apache-Hive/Sparktask-execution-error/m-p/86476#M3059

It appears you will require permissions to the logs or a copy of it to investigate further. You can also have your administrative team search for keywords such as your query or query ID and share log snippets.