Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I using tdch script to pull the data from Tera data to hive table but script fails with "Socket not connected error." This error I am getting very frequently. Please suggest me some way to resolve this issue.

Highlighted

I using tdch script to pull the data from Tera data to hive table but script fails with "Socket not connected error." This error I am getting very frequently. Please suggest me some way to resolve this issue.

New Contributor

Sorry for the typo mistake, it is tdch script. Tera data connector for hadoop .I am running tech script through oozie workflow. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks a lot!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I using tdch script to pull the data from Tera data to hive table but script fails with "Socket not connected error." This error I am getting very frequently. Please suggest me some way to resolve this issue.

Super Collaborator

Can you provide some more details on what you are trying? At least I am unaware what tech script is? Otherwise it sounds like a connection issue, maybe either the Teradata disconnects or the script itselfs closes the socket?

Re: I using tdch script to pull the data from Tera data to hive table but script fails with "Socket not connected error." This error I am getting very frequently. Please suggest me some way to resolve this issue.

Are you using any specific command to run the job? Is this a sqoop job? Please provide the syntax how you are connecting to it and pulling the data?

New Contributor

It is tdch script to get the data from tera data to hive table.i am connecting through Tera data connector jar 1.5.4 with application id and password. Thank you. Please let me know if you need more info.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here