Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

IBM Websphere Application Server Impala Data Source Configuration

IBM Websphere Application Server Impala Data Source Configuration

New Contributor

Need help creating/configuring a Data Source in IBM Websphere 8.5 to take advange of connection pool management offered by app server.  Supported databases in Websphere lead the user through screens prompting user for required information. Impala is not natively supported and therefore does not know what information is required and I have not been successful in figuring out where/how to provide the connection string, port, etc. to the data source.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: IBM Websphere Application Server Impala Data Source Configuration

Cloudera Employee

According to this ibm page, you can "Select User-Defined for your database type if you encounter either of the following scenarios:

• You do not see your database type."

-Andrew

Re: IBM Websphere Application Server Impala Data Source Configuration

New Contributor

Thanks Andrew.  I've added it as User-defined, but it's not apparent where or how to enter the connection properties.  I'm working with our Websphere heavies now and they think it will need a properties file, but if they can't figure it out we'll be reaching out to IBM. When I finally get it set up, I'll post the solution.