Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session

Contributor

I am working on a Twitter Analysis POC and noticing that Hive Queries run in CLI work fine but when I run them from the Hive View in Ambari some of them do not return results. When this happens the Logs tab shows "INFO : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session". I an see the query info within the Tez view and it is showing successful completion but the results are never returned to the Hive View. I am using HDP Sandbox 2.4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

What browser are you using? I've had this same problem and it seemed to be caused by Ambari + IE 11 compatibility issues. I switched over to chrome and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

That INFO only states that there were no TEZ session available and then a new one has to be created. But this is not an issue: the only problem is that you have a bit more time to start because it has to allocate the resources. The problem is more related to the Hive View which is not working properly showing you the results. Running the same query via beeline on command line you will see all the results.

Rising Star

What browser are you using? I've had this same problem and it seemed to be caused by Ambari + IE 11 compatibility issues. I switched over to chrome and it worked fine.

Contributor

I was using IE Edge on my new Windows 10 OS. I just tried it with Chrome and it worked!! Thank you sir.