Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

IP bring me to Tomcat Instead of Ambari

New Contributor

When I try to acces to ambari throw http://sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com:8080/ it bring me to Apache Tomcat/9.0.8.

I try every thing i could and even that soulution, no even in Advanced HDP Quick Links worked to me Ambari , that issue is similar but the solusion doesnt work to me.

Any help would be apprecciated.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Enrique Benito Casado

Yes, if any other process is using port 8080 then Sandbox provided Ambari will not able to use the same port.

So the best option will be to find the process which is using Port 8080 and then either stop that (Or change the port of that process) then restart the Sandbox.

Example: Some of the following command you can use to find the PID which tomcat and using port 8080

# ps -ef | grep -i tomcat
# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor
@Enrique Benito Casado

It might be possible that you might be running some other services on your laptop like Oracle Database or some other tomcat server thats why it might be consuming the port 8080 which is supposed to be used by Ambari.

So please run the netstat command on your Laptop (local machine) to findout if port 8080 is being utilized by any other process or not?

The other wayt to quickly verify the same will be to "Stop the Sandbox" instance and then try to access port 8080 to see if you are still able to access the "Apache Tomcat/ 9.0.8" page? If yes then that means that page is coming from some process running on your local machine instead of sandbox (because Sandbox is not running currently).

New Contributor

Hi @Jay Kumar SenSharma Thank you very much, you are right !

I stop the Sandbox and I still could access to "Apache Tomcat/9.0.8" ,

What would be the next steps ?

Check wich process is runnig Apache Tomcat and stop it ?

and then try again ?

Thank you very much,

Enrique

Master Mentor

@Enrique Benito Casado

Yes, if any other process is using port 8080 then Sandbox provided Ambari will not able to use the same port.

So the best option will be to find the process which is using Port 8080 and then either stop that (Or change the port of that process) then restart the Sandbox.

Example: Some of the following command you can use to find the PID which tomcat and using port 8080

# ps -ef | grep -i tomcat
# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080

New Contributor

Thank you very much @Jay Kumar SenSharma !!!!