Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Impala Problem: Bad Status for request 411

Impala Problem: Bad Status for request 411

New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm executing the following query: 

select t.player_id, max(t.maxDt) as maxDt, min(t.minDt) as minDt,
datediff(to_date(max(t.maxDt)), to_date(min(t.minDt))) as maturity,
sum(case when t.maxDt=to_date(t.day) then t.wag else 0 end) as wag_dd0,
sum(case when datediff(t.maxDt, to_date(t.day))<=7 then t.wag else 0 end) as wag_dd07,
sum(case when datediff(t.maxDt, to_date(t.day))<=14 then t.wag else 0 end) as wag_dd14,
sum(case when datediff(t.maxDt, to_date(t.day))<=30 then t.wag else 0 end) as wag_dd30,
sum(case when t.maxDt=to_date(t.day) then t.payout else 0 end) as payout_dd0,
sum(case when datediff(t.maxDt, to_date(t.day))<=7 then t.payout else 0 end) as payout_dd07,
sum(case when datediff(t.maxDt, to_date(t.day))<=14 then t.payout else 0 end) as payout_dd14,
sum(case when datediff(t.maxDt, to_date(t.day))<=30 then t.payout else 0 end) as payout_dd30

count(distinct case when t.maxDt=to_date(t.day) then t.day else null end) as nDay_dd0,

count(distinct case when t.maxDt=to_date(t.day) then t.game_id else null end) as nGame_dd0

from (select player_id, 
      game_id,
      recognized_converted_handle as wag, 
      recognized_converted_payout as payout, 
      total_session_time as sessionTime,
      day, 
      max(day) over (partition by player_id) as maxDt,
      min(day) over (partition by player_id) as minDt 
      from rgs) as t 
group by player_id limit 100

and I get the following error message:

Your query has the following error(S):
Bad status for request 411: TGetOperationStatusResp(status=TStatus(errorCode=None, errorMessage=None, sqlState=None, infoMessages=None, statusCode=0), operationState=5, errorMessage=None, sqlState=None, errorCode=None)

The funny thing is that, if I remove the two counts at the bottom, everything works fine. Another info: I've run the follwing command in order to run multiple count distinct at once:

set APPX_COUNT_DISTINCT=true;

Can anybody help me? thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Impala Problem: Bad Status for request 411

Master Collaborator

How are you running the query? Via impala-shell? Hue? JDBC?

There may be additional information available if you can run "profile;" after the query in impala-shell or you can get onto the Impala daemon web UI.

I think there probably was some error, e.g. memory limit exceeded, while processing the query that isn't being passed all the way through to your client.

New Contributor

Hi Tim,

thanks a lot for your reply. I'm running it via Hue, but very happy to use any other tools you suggest to keep track and understand what is going wrong. Do you have any suggestion on what I can do to understand it better? If it is a timeout problem, is there a way I can increase it? About the memory, how can I detect it?

thanks a lot!

Master Collaborator

Hi,

I'm not sure about your setup so my advice may not apply to your deployment.

You can often get onto the Impala web UI from Hue by following the link under "Session". Once you are on the Impala web UI, there is a "Queries" tab that shows the query history. There may be some more information about the reason your query failed there

Cheers,

Tim