Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Impala catalog server webserver

Highlighted

Impala catalog server webserver

Contributor

What is the use of Impala Catalog server web server username and Catalog server web server user password.

I see the fields are admin and ******

1) Are these default values? what is the default password for this?

2)On google, I could not find a description for this parameter. Is there any place I can find a detailed description for each parameter that I see in Cloudera manager? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Impala catalog server webserver

Champion

The main purpose of the web page is to show catalog version,os details , hardware info,process info.

you can also see the JVM memory total usage , rpc details in terms of time  between state ,catalog and demons.

varz is self explainatory .

you wouldnt need username / password if you are having the credentials of Cloudera manager with full administrative rights.

Re: Impala catalog server webserver

Contributor
Guna,

I guess you are talking about Impala Daemon HTTP Server Port 25000. I am looking for Impala Catalog server web server username and Catalog server web server user password which are two parameters in Impala > configurations. These are default and I want to know if there is any problem if I remove values of these two parameters.
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here