Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Impala jdbc - Kudu table

Impala jdbc - Kudu table

New Contributor

Hi,

I have created Kudu table with the follwing script  :
CREATE TABLE BOOLCHECK
(
ACCOUNT_ID STRING PRIMARY KEY,
INDICATOR BOOLEAN
)
PARTITION BY HASH PARTITIONS 4
STORED AS KUDU;

When tried to load data to the table using jdbc connector(2.6.9 version) using prepare statment I got following error :

Caused by: com.cloudera.impala.support.exceptions.GeneralException: [Cloudera][ImpalaJDBCDriver](500352) Error getting the parameter data type: HIVE_PARAMETER_QUERY_DATA_TYPE_ERR_NON_SUPPORT_DATA_TYPE
... 19 more
Caused by: com.cloudera.impala.support.exceptions.GeneralException: HIVE_PARAMETER_QUERY_DATA_TYPE_ERR_NON_SUPPORT_DATA_TYPE
... 19 more

code: 
DriverManagerDataSource driverManagerDataSource = new SingleConnectionDataSource();
driverManagerDataSource.setDriverClassName("com.cloudera.impala.jdbc4.Driver");
driverManagerDataSource.setUrl("jdbc:impala://url:21050;");
driverManagerDataSource.setUsername("pass");
driverManagerDataSource.setPassword("pass");
driverManagerDataSource.getConnection();
PreparedStatement pr = driverManagerDataSource.getConnection().prepareStatement( "INSERT INTO BOOLCHECK (ACCOUNT_ID, BENI) VALUES (?,?)" );
pr.setObject( 1, "OMER" );
pr.setObject( 2,false );

pr.execute();

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Impala jdbc - Kudu table

Master Collaborator
And does your code work against the Impala HDFS backed table? (Btw you have a type in the snipper table has a column INDICATOR and the query has a column BENI)

Contributor

Same question about if this issue is only happening for Kudu tables? I saw same error was solved by the workaround (use setObject instead of setString) here. Though it seems you are not using setString.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi,

the issue occured also for pqreqt table, I think this is a bug with the jdbc conenctor.

Using .setBoolean fix the issue...