Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Impala queries defaults to a max 20 queries and not configurable

Highlighted

Impala queries defaults to a max 20 queries and not configurable

New Contributor

Hi,

I recently upgraded to CDH 5.1.0. Since then I am not able to see more than 20 executing queries on the queries tab of Impala service. 

I followed : 

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH5/latest/Impala/Installing-and-Usi...

And

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH5/latest/Impala/Installing-and-Usi...

I had setup Dynamic resource pool also with default Impala configurations as :

Max running queries: 100

Max memory: 540000MB

Max Queried Queries: 500.

I had even added safety value entries cluster wise also as:

-default_pool_max_queued=100
-default_pool_mem_limit=540G
-queue_wait_timeout_ms=36000000
-llama_max_request_attempts=100
--default_pool_max_requests=100

First issue is that, the earlier queries are not getting cancelled even after my reporting dashboard has created the reports/charts and secondly the configurations which I made as explained above doesnt look like getting into effect even after restarting service and deploying client configurations.

Please suggest if I am missing anything or need to do something else.

Thanks,

Guru

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Impala queries defaults to a max 20 queries and not configurable

Explorer
I know this an old post but I have had a similar problem where I changed max running queries to 25 under 'Impala admission control' but then a couple of days later got an error in HUE(impala) saying max queries of 15 was exceeded.... what is up with that ? it seems the setting of 25 has not taken effect.
Highlighted

@Daggersis it possible that you didn't refresh the admission control pool configurations after changing them?

Highlighted

Explorer
I don't think so. There is nothing to tell me otherwise. When I go into admission control it is set to 25. Is there a way to double check ?
Highlighted

There's a big "Refresh Dynamic Resource Pools" button in the bottom-left of the "Impala Admission Control" screen when the configs are stale.

Explorer
Yes and that is not there. Also this message in the log of impala indicates it is set(I think) impalad.pxlbig04.nz.thenational.com.impala.log.INFO.20190117-104024.29754:I0117 10:43:37.781446 34548 admission-controller.cc:510] Schedule for id=d34a40c71691c6d7:a345018b00000000 in pool_name=root.default cluster_mem_needed=90.00 GB PoolConfig: max_requests=25 max_queued=15 max_mem=1024.00 GB So the question is how come I get this error in HUE(impala) sometimes: Rejected query from pool root.default: queue full, limit=15, num_queued=16 [‎14/‎01/‎2019 1:23 p.m.] Oh !!!! I think I have answered my own question. There must have been 25 already running so the limit I have hit must be max_queued... yes ?
Highlighted

Yeah looks like that is it! If the queue has space the query would just get
queued instead.
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here