Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Impala with different hive metastore

Highlighted

Impala with different hive metastore

Rising Star

Hi 

i have a requirment to intergrate sql server with impala . impala is secure (kerberos ).

also we have two hive metestore ,one with kerberos and one with LDAP .

is it possible to configure one impalad with LDAP and one with kerberos hive metastore in same Impala service .

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Impala with different hive metastore

Contributor

also we have two hive metestore ,one with kerberos and one with LDAP .

Hive metastore doesn't support LDAP authentication. Do you mean that you have to HiveServer2 instances and they use Kerberos and LDAP authentication alternatively?

is it possible to configure one impalad with LDAP and one with kerberos hive metastore in same Impala service

Impala daemon doesn't connect to Hive Metastore. It is the Catalogue server that connects Hive Metastore. Since there is only one catalogue server in each Impala service, I don't think we can config Impala to use "different" Hive Metastore.

And Impala does support both Kerberos and LDAP authentication, even within one same instance. Is this what you are seeking?

Highlighted

Rising Star
Thanks Yshi , yeah i meant hiveserver 2 (sorry).

actually we are trying to intergrate sql server with impala and in sql server connection (ODBC) we are using one of impalad server for connection . we want to make a connection without kerberos but impala is confgiured to use kerberos.
Highlighted

Contributor

Hello MSharma,

I assume you want to access Impala within SQL Server via ODBC interface, right?

Impala can be configured to support both Kerberos and LDAP authentication at the same time. Please see below documents for how to configure Impala authentications.

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/impala_authentication.html

Thank you,
Yibing Shi

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here