Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

In CM 4.8 ... Impala Service -> Queries : showing many threads running forever

Highlighted

In CM 4.8 ... Impala Service -> Queries : showing many threads running forever

Contributor

I am using all current parcels CM 4.8 CDH 4.5 and Impala 1.2.2

Steps to reproduce: 

- start clean, so checek in CM, impala -> queries,  this shows clean, no running queries. 

- go on Hue and Impala, submit a simple query like select * from tableA limit 1. Notice the result is displayed correct. 

- go back to CM, impala -> Queries, here I see 4 running queries: 

1. GET_SCHEMAS

2. USE default

3. select * from tableA limit 1

4. GET_SCHEMAS

Sure these might all be triggered by the simple query I submitted, but the query is done. Why are they showing running. Matter the fact, they will continue to show as running in 30 mins, next day and so on.  Until impala is restarted. 

Why? 

Not sure if this is related, but when I run the same query with limit 1000, I get an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. Anyone has experienced this?  Please help.  I don't think it is the data because Hive runs fine.  The tableA is in HBase and is an external Hive table.

1:05:24.214 PMINFOplan-fragment-executor.cc:213
Open(): instance_id=6c44ca32bfa329bf:8468f7de84b1d2a9
1:05:24.385 PMINFOjni-util.cc:154
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
1:05:24.386 PMINFOstatus.cc:44
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null
@ 0x6dd5ad (unknown)
@ 0x813d50 (unknown)
@ 0x6e5736 (unknown)
@ 0xa03ca8 (unknown)
@ 0x9a5bdf (unknown)
@ 0x9a808c (unknown)
@ 0x9a8773 (unknown)
@ 0x74884d (unknown)
@ 0x74e64b (unknown)
@ 0x81e34c (unknown)
@ 0x81f490 (unknown)
@ 0xa6a804 (unknown)
@ 0x3511207851 (unknown)
@ 0x3510ee890d (unknown)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: In CM 4.8 ... Impala Service -> Queries : showing many threads running forever

Cloudera Employee

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with Hue not closing the various queries it issues to Impala. The queries remain open as can be seen in CM as well as the Impala web UIs. See https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-1455 and https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-994I know these are both fixed in the upcoming CDH5 release, but am not sure if they have both made it into a Hue in the CDH4 line. I am not aware of any workaround.

chris

Highlighted

Re: In CM 4.8 ... Impala Service -> Queries : showing many threads running forever

Contributor

Can this issue also causing the ArrayIndexOutofBondException that is described in my original post?

Contributor

I found this.  Yes, I have a large HBase cell and that might the cause of the ArrayIndexOutofBondException: https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-715  

The issue was created yesterday and is open. 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here