Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Information about Namenode and Datanode on Isilon node

Highlighted

Information about Namenode and Datanode on Isilon node

Hi ,

I just configured setting up a cluster on Isilon Node (which will have the datanode and namenode )+ Other Compute Nodes(which will have other master services) with HDP 2.2 with Ambari 2.1 and everything is running fine. I also performed smoke tests and ran sample map-reduce Jobs.

I wanted to know more in terms of storage in Isilon nodes . How can I access the data stored in the Datanodes and the Metadata of the Namenode ? Isilon nodes have the OneFS File System . How is it different from HDFS ? Also , where can I see the Namenode and the Datanode logs ?

Mangesh

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Information about Namenode and Datanode on Isilon node

Contributor

Hi @Mangesh Kaslikar,

OneFS file system is same work like as HDFS, only difference here is all nodes working as namenode and datanode. Computing cluster is different from data storage, that mean storage is provided by isilon and compute service like as yarn and other supported echo system install on virtualization or real metal servers. Conclusion is your job is not executed on local system it’s on remote location where your data is actually stored. If you want more details, visit below emc isilon links link. https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-40113

Highlighted

@Mangesh Kaslikar

Compute will talk to Isilion storage. Nothing changes except the labels.

You can deploy Hue if you like.

You can configure Ambari views and access data.

You can access OneFS as NFS and see the hadoop directory structure.

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hi ,

I will look over the docs and get back to you guys .

Regards, Mangesh

Highlighted

Contributor

In addition to the page linked to by @Vikas Gadade , EMC/Isilon has an InfoHub dedicated to Hadoop. Check this out, https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-39529 . You'll find architectural and TCO documentation, installation and management information, and many other documents.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here