Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Infrastructure creation issue in GCP with Cloudbreak

Infrastructure creation issue in GCP with Cloudbreak

New Contributor

I've been having an issue using Cloudbreak 2.4 within GCP to create an HDF cluster.

I'm using a service account that appears to have all of the proper permissions, including the one indicated below in the error. I even went as far as providing the owner role for this service account to over provision permissions. Cloudbreak begins to create the infrastructure, then I get the error below:

Infrastructure creation failed. Reason: com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.gcp.GcpResourceException: Error during status check: [ resourceType: GCP_DISK, resourceName: hdf-test, stackId: 5, operation: hdftest-s-2-20180323123311 ] [ Cause message: 403 Forbidden { "code" : 403, "errors" : [ { "domain" : "global", "message" : "Required 'compute.globalOperations.get' permission for 'projects/*******/global/operations/operation-1521808391647-56813a099af18-300f33eb-8a28c20c'", "reason" : "forbidden" } ], "message" : "Required 'compute.globalOperations.get' permission for 'projects/*******/global/operations/operation-1521808391647-56813a099af18-300f33eb-8a28c20c'" } ]

It would appear that the service account does not have permission to use the disk that is created during the process, hdftest-s-2-20180323123311. Has anyone else run into this problem or have some suggestion of what to look for / how to move forward? I'm simply not sure what I'm missing at this point - it seems quite obvious, but I haven't been able to fix it.

Thanks,

Craig

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Infrastructure creation issue in GCP with Cloudbreak

Expert Contributor

Hi,

We run into the same problem with other resources as well. Even if your service account has Owner role you get this error. We've contacted Google regarding this, but so far we have no answer.

New Contributor

Bummer ... Please let me know if you hear or learn anything and I'll do the same.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Craig Connell

finally we get some response so working on the fix. we will let you know as soon as possible

Expert Contributor

Hi,

We've upgraded our codebase. Indeed the problem was a minor API change for certain requests. You can upgrade to 2.4.1-rc.27, by downloading the CBD binary

curl -LO s3.amazonaws.com/public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/cloudbreak/cloudbreak-deployer_2.4.1-rc.27_$(uname)_x86_64.tgz

Soon we will release 2.4.1, until you can use the rc version.

New Contributor

Thanks for the update - I'll check this out this morning.

New Contributor

The RC version worked. Thanks for the update and the link.

New Contributor

Hi!

I think google cloud change permission on API global and zone operation.

With operation like "resourceType: GCP_DISK, resourceName: hdf-test, stackId: 5, operation: hdftest-s-2-20180323123311", it run in zone operation. So i see cloudbreak using API globalOperation.get to check this operation, If you using zoneOperation.get to check this it done.

Hi!

I think google has change permission on API.

For example, with operation "resourceType: GCP_DISK, resourceName: hdf-test, stackId: 5, operation: hdftest-s-2-20180323123311" it run in zone operation, but in cloudbreak we using globalOperation to check status. I has try using zoneOperation to check with operation on zone it done. Please check this!!

New Contributor

Hi @khorvath we tried a cbd update to go from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 but it didn't work. Is 2.4.1 officially released yet? Not having GCP support at the moment is hurting. Thanks!

Expert Contributor

@Shant Hovsepian

you can not use cbd update but you can update for the patch version as we mentioned.

curl -Ls public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/cloudbreak/cloudbreak-deployer_2.4.1-rc.27_Linux_x86_64.tgz | sudo tar -xz -C /bin cbd

and then

cbd restart

Br,

R

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here