I am trying out CM API to create a Hadoop Cluster with HDFS HA enabled.
calling the function enable_nn_ha() with all the arguments doesn't initialize the zookeeper to create /hadoop-ha/nameservice1 node in zookeeper. Has anyone faced this issue? or have any workaround
Thanks in Advance
CM Version: 5.3.4
ZK dependency being passed in/set correctly on HDFS service? : YES
Here are the steps I did.
1. Create 2 Namenode roles and set
2. Create 3 Journal node roles
3. Create 2 failover controller node roles
4.Set the below configurations via api
5. Enable NN HA using the below code
n1, n2 = namenodes
cmd = hdfs_service.enable_nn_ha(n1.name, n2.hostRef.hostId, 'nameservice1', jns, zk_service_name='Zookeeper')
where Zookeeper is the name of my Zookeeper service.
After this command.
1. 2 namenodes are started and they are in HA
2. 3 Journal Nodes are started
3. 2 Failover controllers failed to start.
Now, to bring up the Failover Controller, I went into the Failover controller instance page
1. Actions -> Initialize Automatic Failover ZNode
2. Started both fail over controller roles and they started.
Now, that I understood, clicking the Initialize Automatic Failover controller ZNode solved the problem, I checked for a REST API in the docs, but I could not find one.
1. Is this a bug?
2. If there is not bug, Is there an API to initialize automatic failover controller znode
3. Can I manually create the required znodes in zookeeper(Specifically, is it supported)?