Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Install hue in HDP 2.4

Hi,

How can we install, Hue in HDP 2.4?

I have installed HDP2.4 but that also not stable, some of port is not working, I'm not sure, how can we make it as reachable.

However, when i start to start Hue Service, i got the below error,

2946-capture-hue.png

Can anyone, suggest me, how to install hue?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
@Venkat ramanann,

Can you let know what is the OS flavor that you are running? Centos 7 is not supported environment for Hue as it has issues with installation and starting hue services.

Please install hue on centos 6.x release were hue should work fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Mentor

Have you followed all requirements for install? Firewall, NTP, selinux, transparent huge pages? Also, please look at Ambari Views as Hue replacement on HDP. It's pretty good option as compared to Hue.

Expert Contributor
@Venkat ramanann,

Can you let know what is the OS flavor that you are running? Centos 7 is not supported environment for Hue as it has issues with installation and starting hue services.

Please install hue on centos 6.x release were hue should work fine.

Hi,

Do we need to install HDP 2.4 in centos 6.X?

HDP 2.4's all features supporting in Centos6.X ?

Expert Contributor
@Venkat ramanann

No, the HDP 2.4 can be install on Centos 7, Oracle Linux, Suse, etc. If you are using centos 7 for the hdp install and wanting to install and start the service of hue in centos 7 this is not possible. I hope this helps.

BUG-40761HueHue is not supported in CentOS 7.

Workaround: Deploy Hue on CentOS 6.

Hi,

Can i install Hue in CentOS 6.X, and pointing to HDFS and Oozie, Flume, pig and sqoop and etc, HDP2.4 which is installed in the CentOS 7.

Is this possible?

Rising Star

Yes, it's possible. I've already done such a config in a lab environment with HDP cluster on CentOS 7 and Hue node on CentOS 6. It could be a pain if you had a kerberized cluster.

New Contributor

Will hue work with HDP2.4 on a linux system?

Expert Contributor
@Mandeep Cheema

Yes, it will work with HDP 2.4.x.