Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Install packages for HDP upgrade

Explorer

Hi,

While installing packages for hdp upgrade on one of the nodes, we see the attached error. In the New versions, I don't see the version I am going to install. Here the old and New versions are both same. I checked hdp-select command, it is working good and pointing to the correct old version.

error.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@mravipati

By any chance are you selecting the "Redhat satellite channel" checkbox while installing ? Sometimes if the redhat satellite repo is incorrect then this might happen.

Or the "hdp-select" command is not installed on the host.

Please check if the problematic host has any HDP package installed? If not then please check if the "/etc/yum.repos.d/HDP.repo" and "HDP-UTILS" repo URLs are correct.

If repos are correct then check if you are able to install "hdp-select" manually on that host?

# yum install hdp-select -y
# above package should be showing the correct version of hdp-select.

Explorer

Hi Jay,

It is resolving to the new repo. I can install the packages manually. If you see in the attached image, I wonder how the latest version info not having in the "New versions:" field. Other machines have resolved toerror1.jpg the latest version. If you can see the attached image other machines have resolved the New version. hdp-select is working good.