Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installation failed with ambari, Can I retry the continue installation just change the yum repo to local?

Expert Contributor

Ambari 2.5.0.3

HDP 2.6.0.3

When I using the internet public repo in Ambari to deploy the cluster, it failed with timeout 1800s

14681-xiogb.png

14682-ic980.png

Can I retry to continue the installation by just change the /etc/yum.repos.d/HDP.repo and /etc/yum.repos.d/HDP-UTILS.repo to local URL? I'm downloading the tarball now.

Or what is the best way to process current situation? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Sounds like you may have some connectivity issues to the public repo. One way to solve this is to download separately and use a local repo. Checkout the docs at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.0.3/bk_ambari-installation/content/using_a_local... which show you how to download all the relevant tar balls to setup a local repo server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guru

Sounds like you may have some connectivity issues to the public repo. One way to solve this is to download separately and use a local repo. Checkout the docs at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.0.3/bk_ambari-installation/content/using_a_local... which show you how to download all the relevant tar balls to setup a local repo server.

Expert Contributor

@Simon Elliston Ball Thanks for your quick response. I knew how to install with local repo. I'd like to know if I can continue the installation by just change the URL in HDP.repo file to local URL.

Guru

In theory, yes, however, you may want to back up and change the repo locations in Ambari as per the docs to prevent ambari overwriting the repo file. Note there is little real difference here, in terms of performance of the install. Any packages already present will just be skipped as already installed even if you start an install completely from scratch again the local repos.

Expert Contributor

Is there any config file to change the repo in Ambari while not quit the wizard ?

Expert Contributor

I'd tried to update the YUM repo files to continue to deploy, but failed. Must quit the wizard and need to restart the wizard