Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installing HDF (NiFi)

Rising Star

Last year I setup a HDP 2.4 cluster with four nodes and I installed HDF (Nifi). At that time I simple put NiFi on node1 of the HDP cluster, installing it on the same server as Ambari. Everything worked fine and it was simple.

I have now installed HDP2.5 in a new four node cluster and I have read that you can no longer install HDF on the same cluster as HDP. The HDF install has it's own instance of Ambari and requires a separate cluster.

Here are my questions:

(1) Must the HDF instance be on a "cluster" or can I simply have a single server for the HDF instance? ...I am not certain what would have changed from a year ago that would require a full cluster for HDF?

(2) With the new server/cluster for the HDF, does that instance of NiFi then connect and write data back to the HDP cluster?

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I was unclear and trying to gain an understanding of exactly what is needed.

Thank you, -Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Rising Star

Thank you for the thorough answer. I am good to give this a try now.

I cannot recall the previous HDF version I installed, but I think it was based on Nifi 0.6. I was back in, roughly, April of 2016.

Thank you again!