Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

Installing zookeeper for hive-testbench?

Explorer

Following the instruction from https://github.com/hortonworks/hive-testbench, I installed hive-testbench. At Step 5, run failed when trying to load the data. Here is message:

Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2?tez.queue.name=default18/07/17 17:24:02 [main-SendThread(localhost:2181)]: WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnectjava.net.ConnectException: Connection refused  at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_144]  at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717) ~[?:1.8.0_144]  at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361) ~[zookeeper-3.4.6.jar:3.4.6-1569965]  at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081) [zookeeper-3.4.6.jar:3.4.6-1569965]18/07/17 17:24:04 [main-SendThread(localhost:2181)]: WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnectjava.net.ConnectException: Connection refused  at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_144]  at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717) ~[?:1.8.0_144]  at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361) ~[zookeeper-3.4.6.jar:3.4.6-1569965]  at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081) [zookeeper-3.4.6.jar:3.4.6-1569965]

• It looks like that I need to install the zookeeper in order to run hive-testbench. Is there instruction on installing zookeeper for hive-testbench? Do I need install zookeeper on all my cluster nodes?
  • 1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor
    @Harry Li

If you do not already have Zookeeper installed on your cluster then yes you will need to install it. The Ambari UI gives you the default setup for installing Zookeeper, so use that and it will go smoothly. Zookeeper by default installs on 3 separate nodes of your cluster, so you don't need it on all of them but you do need it on at least 1 node (and the default is 3).