Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Instance Status stuck in requested

Instance Status stuck in requested

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I was testing adding a node in cluster (cloudbreak 1.6 - via aws) and it's getting stuck at:

cloudbreak_1 | 2016-09-29 21:24:01,951 [cloud-reactor-5] call:66 DEBUG c.s.c.c.a.t.ASGroupStatusCheckerTask - [owner:dec04b8c-ce10-48ab-80a1-687f007d4582] [type:springLog] [id:4] [name:instream-hadoop-cluster] Instances in AS group: 5, needed: 6

When i check psql i see:

groupname | instanceid | instancestatus | discoveryfqdn

---------------------+------------+----------------+------------------------------

host_group_slave_1 | ******* || REGISTERED | ******* |

host_group_slave_1 | ******* | REGISTERED | ******* |

host_group_slave_1 | | REQUESTED | |

I don't see anyhting happening in AWS and have verified that i'm not hitting any limits.

Any ideas? Also whats required to stop the logging? (one shown above). Even after changing status in stack table to available it still produces that log. (currently it gets stuck at UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS

postgres=# select name,status from stack;

name | status

-------------------------+--------------------

instream-hadoop-cluster | UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Instance Status stuck in requested

Expert Contributor

Hi @mliem,

Cloudbreak creates the necessary resources (e.g network, autoscaling groups etc.) on AWS with the aid of CloudFormation template and the log message what you wrote looks like a quota issue and and Cloudbreak is not able to start enough instances: "Instances in AS group: 5, needed: 6"

May I ask you to double-check the followings on AWS UI:

- status of CF template associated with your cluster, it shall be named as instream-hadoop-cluster-…

- cloudbreak creates also two autoscaling groups with the above mentioned CF template, could you also check the “Activity History" of those autoscaling groups, please?

Kind regards,

Attila

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here