Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Invalid Region ID when installing Cloudera Manager 5.1.3 on AWS Sydney

Highlighted

Invalid Region ID when installing Cloudera Manager 5.1.3 on AWS Sydney

New Contributor

I am trying to install Cloudera Manager on AWS EC2 in Sydney Australia (availability zone: ap-southeast-2a) and get the following error (for both Express and Enterprise Data Hub):

Version: Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition Trial 5.1.3 (#155 built by jenkins on 20140916-2347 git: b19677739ec4ef6c525684ea258763ba1b6333a9)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:Invalid region ID "ap-southeast-2".
at CloudConstants.java line 183
in com.cloudera.server.cmf.cloud.CloudConstants$Region byId()

It works on AWS in the US but i'd like to have my data in Australia, any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Invalid Region ID when installing Cloudera Manager 5.1.3 on AWS Sydney

From what I can see in the source, ap-southeast-2 is not defined. Thanks for reporting this, I will file a bug report. Just to clarify, could you post your steps please?

Meanwhile, an alternative is to manually install Cloudera Manager on a single node, create more nodes for the workers and add them in CM manually. Does this help?

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Installat...

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Re: Invalid Region ID when installing Cloudera Manager 5.1.3 on AWS Sydney

A few months back, Cloudera released a new tool called Director. It allows you to perform automated cluster setup on AWS (other cloud platforms coming in later versions). You can find more information at www.cloudera.com/director

There's another forum for Director. If you do you use the product or have any questions, we'd love to hear from you.
http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Director-Cloud-based/bd-p/ClouderaDirector
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan