Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Is HDP packages available for separate individual services ?

I am installing HDP 3.1.0.0-78 in my Hadoop cluster. The size of the HDP folder is almost 8.5 GB. Due to this size i am not able to keep the HDP folder in the /var/www/html folder. As the HDP folder contains the files for all the services, is it possible to get separate HDP packages for separate services , like :- HDFS, Zookeeper, Ambari Metrics. We do not need the files for other services, except Zookeeper, HDFS, Ambari Metrics. This will resolve the space issue in our environment.

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@Pritam Konar

If you have limited space inside the "/var/www/html" directory then you can create a HDP Symlink there to point to a directory/mount point which has more disk space.

There are many RMPs dependencies that comes together hence keeping selective RPMs inside custom repo might not be a good idea. Better to use the Symlink approach instead.

We tried to install HDP using the symbolic link, but we are getting failure and the error is mentioned in the below post:-

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/247299/while-installing-the-services-in-hortonworks-clus...

Due to this repeatative failure, we are trying to install the services with separate packages.

; ;