Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Is HDP packages available for separate individual services ?

Highlighted

Is HDP packages available for separate individual services ?

I am installing HDP 3.1.0.0-78 in my Hadoop cluster. The size of the HDP folder is almost 8.5 GB. Due to this size i am not able to keep the HDP folder in the /var/www/html folder. As the HDP folder contains the files for all the services, is it possible to get separate HDP packages for separate services , like :- HDFS, Zookeeper, Ambari Metrics. We do not need the files for other services, except Zookeeper, HDFS, Ambari Metrics. This will resolve the space issue in our environment.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Is HDP packages available for separate individual services ?

Super Mentor

@Pritam Konar

If you have limited space inside the "/var/www/html" directory then you can create a HDP Symlink there to point to a directory/mount point which has more disk space.

There are many RMPs dependencies that comes together hence keeping selective RPMs inside custom repo might not be a good idea. Better to use the Symlink approach instead.

Re: Is HDP packages available for separate individual services ?

We tried to install HDP using the symbolic link, but we are getting failure and the error is mentioned in the below post:-

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/247299/while-installing-the-services-in-hortonworks-clus...

Due to this repeatative failure, we are trying to install the services with separate packages.