Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Is it impossible to move or add JournalNode by Ambari?

Solved Go to solution

Is it impossible to move or add JournalNode by Ambari?

New Contributor

A host that JournalNode is assigned went down by hardware trouble. So I want to move that JournalNode to another host. However, I can't find the way how to move or add JournalNode by Ambari. Is it impossible to move or add JournalNode by Ambari?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it impossible to move or add JournalNode by Ambari?

I recently moved a journal node from one cluster machine to another by following procedure given here:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/4272/process-for-moving-hdp-services-manually.html

and informing Ambari about adding the 4th JN, and then deleting the one I wanted to move. It's similar to the article you found but a little bit simpler. The Ambari API calls are given in the article you found.

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

I recently moved a journal node from one cluster machine to another by following procedure given here:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/4272/process-for-moving-hdp-services-manually.html

and informing Ambari about adding the 4th JN, and then deleting the one I wanted to move. It's similar to the article you found but a little bit simpler. The Ambari API calls are given in the article you found.

Highlighted

New Contributor
@Predrag Minovic

Thank you very much!!! I've succeeded in adding a JournalNode.

If it helped you, can you please accept my answer, to help us manage Q&A and help others find solutions for their problems. Tnx!