Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Is there a free cloud service with some CDH or CDP already installed?

Is there a free cloud service with some CDH or CDP already installed?

New Contributor

Hello to all.
I have to do a course on HDFS, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark and Cloudera Manager for 12 recent graduates who will have to work on big data.
We cannot use our labs because they are closed for coronaviruses.
The budget is very limited so I ask the community if they can show me a free cloud service (even with a single node) that can be used for this course by the teacher and the students?
Or any other ideas?
Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is there a free cloud service with some CDH or CDP already installed?

Expert Contributor

Hi @adv52C 

Currently, there isn't a free pre-built cloud-based Cloudera environment that you can just log into and get going. We are working on building a service like that but we don't have it right now.

Unfortunately, you would have to build a Cloudera environment from scratch in your chosen public cloud provider. This isn't that difficult to do assuming that you already have a cloud environment pre-configured and ready to deploy into.

Regards,

Steve

New Contributor

Hi @StevenOD thanks for the reply.
I think I will first create a CDP environment locally in a virtual machine and then distribute to another (always virtual) host to have at least two machines.
Sincerely

adv52C

Contributor

Hi @adv52C .

yet there is no CDH or CDP hadoop Cluster available but you can use as trial from below link-

https://cloudxlab.com/

Thanks

HadoopHelp

New Contributor

Hi @HadoopHelp thanks for the reply.
I quickly looked at https://cloudxlab.com/ and saw that there are free courses that could solve part of my problem.
Being the teacher I have to understand how to coordinate the students and support them. I have to try.
Sincerely

@adv52C