Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Is there a way to configure customized Postgres version for Ambari

Highlighted

Is there a way to configure customized Postgres version for Ambari

Explorer

Hi,

Is there a way to configure ambari to use the postgresql running on this directory /var/lib/pgsl/9.6. and the bin directory as  /usr/pgsl-96/bin. If we can to can you tell me the list of files this need to be updated.

I updated the following files

/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql-9.6.service

/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service
/var/lib/pgsql/.bash_profile

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is there a way to configure customized Postgres version for Ambari

Master Collaborator

@Gophalr   I think this may be a duplicate post, but the solution is to rerun ambari-server setup command and change database:

Enter advanced database configuration [y/n] (n)? y
Configuring database...
==============================================================================
Choose one of the following options:
[1] - PostgreSQL (Embedded)
[2] - Oracle
[3] - MySQL / MariaDB
[4] - PostgreSQL
[5] - Microsoft SQL Server (Tech Preview)
[6] - SQL Anywhere
[7] - BDB
==============================================================================
Enter choice (1): 4

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here