Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there a way to find out the query used by a particular job using the application ID?

Rising Star

I have one application id which i got from Resource manager and since this job ran by hive as user so i am not able to find out exactly who ran that job. So i have application ID and now i need to know the code or query used by that particular application id. Is there a way to get any kind of logs from which i can get the code or query used by that application ID

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Yukti Agrawal

On accessing the RM UI and click on the applicationId and corresponding logs link. It will take you to a screen something as below.

10663-screen-shot-2016-12-22-at-115727.png

Here you would see a file dag_*.dot, this should give you the query/MR graph that is being executed.

Other option would be if the execution engine is TEZ, then you can leverage TEZ UI to view the actual query as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru
@Yukti Agrawal

if you have a tez view set up with ambari then you can open that and search with application id, opening this you will able to see the query

10662-screen-shot-2016-12-22-at-115653-am.png

@Yukti Agrawal

On accessing the RM UI and click on the applicationId and corresponding logs link. It will take you to a screen something as below.

10663-screen-shot-2016-12-22-at-115727.png

Here you would see a file dag_*.dot, this should give you the query/MR graph that is being executed.

Other option would be if the execution engine is TEZ, then you can leverage TEZ UI to view the actual query as well.