Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Is there a way to use a basic centos image rather than the Amazon Linux?

Is there a way to use a basic centos image rather than the Amazon Linux?

New Contributor

I am trying to add some other software to the cluster with quite a few requirements and the amazon versions cause it to fail out. I am trying to work around it, but was wondering if there was a way just to substitute a different base image.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is there a way to use a basic centos image rather than the Amazon Linux?

Expert Contributor

New Contributor

No luck. It picks up the AMI from somewhere else, because the number it used isn't in that file. I am using the new Tech Preview of HWX Cloud.

cbreak-20160916-194929.log:/cbreak_cloudbreak_1 | 2016-09-16 19:53:47,238 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] create:77 INFO c.s.c.s.i.ImageService - [owner:4f3b8c5c-abe0-40c7-ac30-331caa33cb52] [type:STACK] [id:1] [name:hdptest] Determined image from catalog: ami-8789e090

Contributor

@Dan Baskette

You have an option to select centOS image while launching a new instance in amazon. Is not that what you are looking for?

New Contributor

No, I was posting about the Hortonworks Cloud Tech Preview. I am hoping the prior answer works for me. Trying it now.

Highlighted

Guru

Hortonworks Data Cloud for AWS uses pre-built AMIs that will run Amazon Linux. There is currently not an option to customize those, since Data Cloud relies heavily on being able to configure the clusters for the cluster configuration types and therefore, expects a known/consistent OS with pre-baked AMIs. That said: thank you for the feedback and we will consider different OS options in future releases though.

Super Guru

I vote for Centos 7.x as that's used by a lot of users and is very handy for some security items. A new Ubuntu would be good as well.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here