Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Is there any Impala SQL command which can remove table from Impala, not from Hive?

Highlighted

Is there any Impala SQL command which can remove table from Impala, not from Hive?

Explorer

Can Impala support featrue which like hiveserver doAs?

OS User test to create a table using impala. And I find that table on hdfs directory is owned by Impala:Impala . But when I use hive, the hdfs directory of table is owned by test.

I found this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-2177

It seems like impala cannot support this feature , so How can I deal with it ?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is there any Impala SQL command which can remove table from Impala, not from Hive?

Expert Contributor

Hi @Mobula,

Is the table created by the hive or Impala ? and what do you want to do exactly by removing a table only from impala (remove only the schema!)
Also, did you try the external tables?

Good luck.

Re: Is there any Impala SQL command which can remove table from Impala, not from Hive?

Explorer
For example, My hive set doAs true,and I create a table using impala, so the owner of hdfs directory of this table is impala, now , I want to insert data into this table using hive, it will returns error, hdfs permission denied . How can i deal with it.
And I don't want to chown this hdfs directory .
Thanks

Expert Contributor

Hi @Mobula

I think you must not change owner everytime, you can do chown to the hdfs directory one time in the begining and it will work.

sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfs -chown hive:impala /your_directory