Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Is there probability to use cloudera manager collecting custom service metrics?

Is there probability to use cloudera manager collecting custom service metrics?

Rising Star

I am using cloudera manager to manage my platform and find it so nice to monitor services metrics. Now I am trying to use csd to integrate some of my application into cm to make it easier to install them on cluster. Can I still use cloudera manager to collect metrics of my applications and display them in charts via dsquery?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Is there probability to use cloudera manager collecting custom service metrics?

Super Guru

Hello @darouwan,

While I am not sure if it covers everything you are asking, the following page confirms that basic metrics will be available:

https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki/Monitoring-Support-for-CSDs

Highlighted

Re: Is there probability to use cloudera manager collecting custom service metrics?

Rising Star

Thanks @bgooley

I notice this line here
Also note that this feature is not yet useful for third-party CSD developers. While it is now possible to define metrics in a CSD, it is not yet possible to publish metrics to Cloudera Manager. This functionality will be included in a future release.

Since it is unavailable to third part csd developers, what is the scenario this feature suitable for?

My purpose is integrating elastic search and graylog into cm for convenient installation, and desire to use cloudera manager to monitor these two services. 

Highlighted

Super Guru

@darouwan,

I'm afraid I don't have the answer, but I'll update an internal Jira that discusses the topic internally.  I'll see if we might be able to update the content of that page to make it clearer.