Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Issue upgrading HDP after amabri upgrade

Issue upgrading HDP after amabri upgrade

I just finished upgrading my ambari agent/clients to 2.5.1. At this point I was ready to upgrade the rest of my cluster from 2.5 to 2.6. After registering the version and clicking install on.. my cluster I am greeted with a pop up message saying "Packages could not be installed" and "Can not persist request" at which point I get an installing bar that doesn't move under the new version. The log message isn't much help either stating "28 Aug 2017 10:06:34,752 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-77] BaseManagementHandler:61 - Caught a system exception while attempting to create a resource: Can not persist request org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: Can not persist request" Followed by a massive stack trace. I have also tried going to HDP 2.5.6 and get the same error. Any insight or direction would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Issue upgrading HDP after amabri upgrade

Mentor

@Brian Ramsel

What is the OS and document you used as a reference for the upgrade? What do you mean by "my ambari agent/clients to 2.5.1" Did you also upgrade the ambari-server ?

what upgrade option Rolling Upgrade (RU), and Express Upgrade (EU) ?

Currently running centos 6. Used https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.1.0/bk_ambari-upgrade/content/upgrading_hdp_sta... as my reference for the upgrade and yes I meant to say server and clients.

Mentor

@Brian Ramsel

What database is your Ambari plugged to?

postgresql. I checked to verify ambari is the owner of all of the tables in the ambari database and ambari schema

Mentor

@Brian Ramsel

What database is your Ambari plugged to?

It appears I have an issue with Jupyter. I believe once I can remove it I should be able to upgrade.

After removing all references of JUPYTER from my ambari postgresql database the installation moved forward

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here