Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Issue while installing Ambari using local repository option on VirtualBox using CentOS7

Issue while installing Ambari using local repository option on VirtualBox using CentOS7

Explorer

Hi Team - I am facing issue in installing Ambari server using local repository option on Virtual box using CentOS7.

error:

1131-ambari-error.jpg

Error: Package: ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64 (Updates-ambari-2.1.2.1)

Requires :postgresql-server >=8.1

Ambari. repo file details are attached.

ambarirepo.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Issue while installing Ambari using local repository option on VirtualBox using CentOS7

Looks like it could not found postgres. Can you share output of "yum list | grep postgres"?

Highlighted

Re: Issue while installing Ambari using local repository option on VirtualBox using CentOS7

Explorer

Hi Pradeep - Thanks for response. No out put for the command you had provided. Attached is result. Do we need to install postgresql before installing Ambari using local repository option [ i.e no internet connection]. As per my knowledge postgresql gets automatically installed as part of Ambari installation. I had done using internet and got successfully installed. But i am facing issues using the option of local repository. Got the download from http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos7/2.x/updates/2.1.2.1/ambari-2.1.2.1-centos7.tar.g... output.jpg.

Highlighted

Ok, Actually postgres should have been with base OS package and therefore, it works with that. You can try installing postgres directly and then install ambari-server as Ambari-Server has dependency on postgres as default. Here is doc for reference to install Postgres.

http://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-install-and-connect-to-postgresql-on-centos-7/

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks Pradeep. I will try with installing Postgresql and then running Ambari installation steps.

Highlighted

Explorer

Still error is same even after installing postgresql. Any suggestion

Highlighted

Explorer

Still error is same even after installing postgresql. Any suggestion

Highlighted

@Balaji Badarla

How did you install postgres? What version of postgres?

Highlighted

Mentor

@Balaji Badarla has this been addressed? Please mark the best answer.

Highlighted

@Balaji Badarla

yum clean all

yum install ambari-server

Assumuing that postgres is installed already.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here