Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Issues converting timestamp from ascii delimited compressed Hive table to parquet table

Issues converting timestamp from ascii delimited compressed Hive table to parquet table

Explorer

Dear all,

Scenario:

I have an external HIVE table with the underlying file in ASCII delimited, gzip format. We have created an external parquet table also via HIVE to convert data into parquet format.

Issue

Now when I INSERT into the parquet table, all the data but the time stamps change.

Eg. In HIVE table pointing to ASCII table we have the timestamp as: 2003-09-06 00:00:00

In HIVE table with parquet file format we have the same time stamp as 2003-09-06 04:00:00

In the DDL for both the ASCII and Parquet, we have defined time stamp as I2A_NEWITEMDATE TIMESTAMP

Thanks,

Vinayak

1 REPLY 1

Re: Issues converting timestamp from ascii delimited compressed Hive table to parquet table

Master Guru
What is the column type on the source (ascii) table? Is it TIMESTAMP type, or a STRING?

What is your server's timezone? Is it possibly GMT+4?