Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issues with HDPCD Exam environment

New Contributor

Today I have Given HDPCD Certification exam and it was a very disappointing one. During the exam i faced following issues,

1. Taking Very long time ( 20 - 30 secs or even more) to navigate from one window to other.

2. While I'm trying to write the script in GEDIT to type a word its taking 10 or more seconds literally.

3. My first task is hive and i tried to dump a relation and it took like a minute or more to execute and when i got an issue with the script i tried to scroll up to find out what the issue and the screen is not at all helpful.

4. Right after first fifteen minutes my exam screen is disconnected and it took nearly 20 minutes to resolve the resolve However proctor paused the timer and gave additional 30 minutes overall to write the exam.

5. In the Overall exam i wrote just five tasks in a script and the 2 tasks are incomplete and all are not executed/tested at all. It is very painful experience for any person who is writing an exam.

6. I informed my proctor about this issue of environment but he is also not able to help and he asked me to send feedback back to horton works. So this is it.

7. Overall I had a stressful experience and it is total waste of my money because even though the tasks are pretty easy the exam environment is not at all supportive. I have requested horton works to re-conduct my exam ( with proper environment only ) OR Refund my amount.

8. I don't have hopes on result as the tasks which i have scripted are not tested.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, thank you for the feedback.

For specific issues while taking exams, these are better answered directly at certification@hortonworks.com. I also already replied to you there regarding your specific situation.

However, for anyone that is planning to take a Hortonworks exam in future, I want point out that >90% of the reported exam issues can be tracked down to one or more of the following:

1 Network Bandwidth needs to be 20/3 Mbps down/up or higher for best performance.

2 ALL Anti-Virus software needs to be disabled during the exam.

3 Latency Due to distance to the exam cloud site. We try to launch the exam closest to where your examslocal.com registration country is. If your registration country is different from where you actually take the exam, depending on where it is, there could be tremendous delay observed.

All these are stated on the exam FAQ pages as well as registration emails from examslocal.com as well as Compatibility Checks before the exam.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello, thank you for the feedback.

For specific issues while taking exams, these are better answered directly at certification@hortonworks.com. I also already replied to you there regarding your specific situation.

However, for anyone that is planning to take a Hortonworks exam in future, I want point out that >90% of the reported exam issues can be tracked down to one or more of the following:

1 Network Bandwidth needs to be 20/3 Mbps down/up or higher for best performance.

2 ALL Anti-Virus software needs to be disabled during the exam.

3 Latency Due to distance to the exam cloud site. We try to launch the exam closest to where your examslocal.com registration country is. If your registration country is different from where you actually take the exam, depending on where it is, there could be tremendous delay observed.

All these are stated on the exam FAQ pages as well as registration emails from examslocal.com as well as Compatibility Checks before the exam.