Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Job is stuck Pig and Hive also not working

Job is stuck Pig and Hive also not working

New Contributor

Hi All,

Recently I tried to run a JOIN query using 'replicated' in PIG (HDP Sandbox env). It was running for long so I killed it manually from Hue. After doing so, none of the submitted jobs are running and getting stuck at 0% and remain in ACCEPTED state forever. Even Hive CLI is also not getting launched. Same is happening with Tez jobs as well. All services are running fine in Ambari. Please suggest what went wrong, how can I start using Sandbox environment like before . Thanks in advance !! Following is jps results .

3166 DataNode
2712 EmbeddedServer
4237 RunJar
6320 RunJar
4204 NodeManager
4592 RunJar
4263 ResourceManager
3013 AmbariServer
2737 Main
2701 ZeppelinServer
2975 UnixAuthenticationService
3627 Bootstrap
12863 Jps
3721 Portmap
4026 RunJar
4216 ApplicationHistoryServer
3168 NameNode
3408 QuorumPeerMain
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Job is stuck Pig and Hive also not working

Super Mentor

@Shalini Goel

As very initial investigation steps, please chekc the system free memory.

Do you have enough Free Memory on your OS to allocate memory also the CPU for your Pig/Hive job?

Please check the output the output of following commands to see if it has enough free memory? ( If you see very less free memory available then try killing some processes that are consuming much memory... like for testing kill AmbariServer/Zeppelin ...etc)

# free -m

Also check if the CPU load is OK or not?

# top

New Contributor

free is approx 114 MB .After I killed ambari server n Zeppelin it was around 700 MB. Still same issue.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Issue is resolved.There was a missing FQDN mapping in /etc/hosts file because of which Job scheduling was not redirecting jobs to right node uri. Also permission rights on /tmp/ directory was granted according to the user and group .